FINANCE & RISK
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, finance and risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com.
Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Finance and Risk is the largest of our specialized practices within Financial Services and is the cornerstone of Oliver Wyman’s reputation as a leader in finance and risk management. The following list is a sample of the topics our recent work has focused on, spanning the full spectrum from governance and organization to more detailed technical and regulatory work:
- Design of finance and risk governance framework and organisational structures
- Regulatory compliance and dialogue (e.g. Basel 2/3, EMIR, Dodd-Frank)
- Liquidity and funding risk management
- Strategic balance sheet management and asset/liability risk
- Articulation of Risk Appetite at Board and ExCo level, and embedding RA into the business
- Cutting-edge loan-level mortgage analytics and forecasting
- Asset-backed security valuation and advanced risk modeling
- Design and implementation of conduct risk management frameworks
- Counterparty credit risk for large derivative traders
- Strategic cost management and post-merger integration
- Operational and non-financial risk measurement and management frameworks
- Design of risk measurement frameworks such as Economic Capital and VaR
- Assessment and refinement of “risk culture” Design of Board and ExCo level Risk reporting
- Redesigning the strategic planning process
- Strategic financial resource management initiatives (e.g. balance sheet management, RWA optimization)
- Recovery and resolution planning
- Compliance with climate and environmental regulations and market standards
- Assessment customers’ ESG risk profiles
- Climate/environmental transition plan assessments
- Market risk management (commodities, weather/geopolitical events)
- ESG data strategy
- Climate stress testing
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide deep industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
SENIOR CONSULTANTS have enough experience to ask the right questions, frame hypothesis and initiate research to find the answers. As a Senior Consultant, you will be shaping the problems that we work on and developing specialized expertise that other will seek out.
ASSOCIATES break down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying the key aspects of a problem and directing the focus of junior consultants to those elements. You will effectively plan and execute analysis as well as identify the core issues in complex analyses in order to be able to craft suitable recommendations. You’ll work side by side with clients and your project team members to move projects forward and manage small teams to get the work done. Clients and colleagues look to Associates for unique insight into the subject area which they have chosen.
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- 2- 7 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier consulting firm or understand Finance & Risk topics from a bank.
- Strong background in problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Fluent business English
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Excellent relationship building skills with clients of all levels
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about ensuring OW is a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a teamWe are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared successWe have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interactionWe value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers, anti-KudzuWe value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one’s workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit https://www.oliverwyman.com/careers/apply.html
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.